L’ Unicorno rises among the vineyards, fruit and olive groves of Valtenesi, in the midst of three hectares of lush farmland. Built in 1654, it is the oldest house in the hamlet of Macesina, a small farming village in Bedizzole, Brescia, Western Lombardy, just a few minutes from Lake Garda. L’ Unicorno is located inside a 16th century farmhouse. The first building, constructed during the 16th century, was later embellished by a green Lombard style courtyard finished in 1777 with the well-lit gallery supported by a colonnade in local white.
Botticino marble, in turn completed by the loft in 1779. The original rooms used for farming activities: the barns with the hayloft and the cellar, like the noble wing destined for the owner’s living quarters, underwent a careful conservative restoration which has returned the dwelling to its original splendour, whilst conserving all the charm of the old.